Re: [Exim] rewriting, redirecting, and the sendmail "+ hack"

Autor: Noah Meyerhans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] rewriting, redirecting, and the sendmail "+ hack"
--
On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:06:35PM +0200, Kirill Miazine wrote:
> You can use a router for that. More elegant and a lot simpler.
>
> redirect:
>     driver = redirect
>     <some conditions here>
>     local_part_suffix = +*
>     local_part_suffix_optional
>     data = ${quote:$local_part$local_part_suffix}@<lookup the domain>

Except you're assuming that the local-part is the same in my domain as
it is at the final destination, aren't you? That's not a valid
assumption in this case. You could very well see
noahm: nlm@???
and that wouldn't work with your redirector. That's why I'm making two
dbm lookups: I need to find the local-part of the final recpient in
addition to the domain.

Or am I misunderstanding what's going on here?

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans                         System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory