Re: [Exim] main option "local_domains" unknown

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kirill Miazine
Aan: Alessandro Magni
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] main option "local_domains" unknown
Alessandro Magni wrote:
> > Exim 4 is different from Exim 3. Options you are mentioning no longer
> > exist in Exim 4 (as the error message is telling you). Please care to
> > RTFM.
>
> Thank you Kirill - and I'm trying to RTFM although boy it's big! -

Sure it is! It is big and good. Once in a while I sit down, take a cup
of tea and simply browse through the Exim specification. Frequently I
find something I did not knew before or did not notice. A month ago or
so I got my copy of the Exim 4 book, so now I use read instead of the
electronic version of the Exim specification (I had a printed copy of
the beast, but gave it to a qmail postmaster in hope that he would
finally see the light).

> main problem here is a big error made, I think, by the Mandrake packagers:

Honestly, this was exactly what I thought happened. ;)

> exim-4.20-1rph.i586.rpm contains:
> Exim version 4.20 #1 built 15-May-2003 22:46:26,
> but /etc/exim.conf is generated for version 3 ! Running again eximconfig I
> noticed (this time):
>
> I can do some automatic configuration of your mail system, by asking
> you a number of questions. Later you may have to confirm and/or correct
> your answers. In any case, comprehensive information on configuring exim is
> in the exim-doc package and in /usr/doc/exim-3.03/.

I suggest you compile and configure Exim yourself. Trust nobody. :) The
default configuration file is very well commented. If you have a
specific problem which you cannot solve yourself (and you have read the
manual and faq and list archives), you will certainly get some help on
the list.

G'luck!

--
Kirill Miazine