Re: [Exim] call-out from command-line

Góra strony
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] call-out from command-line
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Of course, you can just telnet to the the remote host and do a manual
> "callout" if you want to check a particular address.

That's what I do, when the need arises: exim -bt foo@???,
inspect the resulting response, telnet to port 25, blah blah. It's a
fiddle, and I've often thought about writing a script, but never quite
got a Round Tuit.

It really _would_ be nice to have an exim command-line option that
automates this - using just the same code which exim itself would use
in production - though I take your point about the existing -bh
option.