[Exim] negative integer options gone in 4.20, causing some g…

Author: Torsten Luettgert
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] negative integer options gone in 4.20, causing some grief
Hello,

I just upgraded one machine from 4.14 to 4.20, and exim wouldn't start
up, claiming

2003-07-11 13:29:59 Exim configuration error in line 533:
integer "-1" is too large (overflow)

Line 533 reads (as you might have expected from the subject of this
posting)

size_addition = -1

Quoted from the specification (29.3, private options for smtp):
    Alternatively, if the value of "size_addition" is set negative, it
    disables the use of the SIZE option altogether.

It's also mentioned in 42.1 (Outgoing SMTP and LMTP over TCP/IP):
    If "size_addition" is set negative, the use of SIZE is suppressed.

Looks like the problem is the new range check in src/readconf.c line
1626, which checks for integer overflows via "if( value < 0 )".
Now I wonder how many integer variables have special meanings if
set to negative values?

Torsten Lüttgert <t.luettgert@???>