Re: [Exim] TMPDIR env variable

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kirill Miazine
Aan: J. Nick Koston
CC: Exim List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] TMPDIR env variable
No, it should not. YOU need to do this if you think so.

How do you start Exim? As root? Well, maybe root's $TMPDIR is /root/tmp?
I prefer to start daemons with the environment where only $PATH is set.
That way one can avoid various surprises.

In your startup script do something similar to the below:

    # Fire up Exim and make sure $TMPDIR is /tmp
    env TMPDIR=/tmp /local/bin/exim -bd -q30m

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org