RE: [Exim] System filter: can it go wrong/be ignored?

Author: Nic Doye
To: Nigel Metheringham, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] System filter: can it go wrong/be ignored?
I think that must be it.

Thanks to both Phil and Nigel.

[Aside]
I do love the ironies of life.

First: over a thousand people e-mail me to say that I'm clogging their
inbox up with multiple copies of the same mailshot(thus causing Ximian
Connector to fail, as usual).

Secondly, Ximian Evolution keeps sending multiple copies of e-mails out
of my Outbox (but can't delete them) to the Exim list, where I'm trying
to discuss a problem with multiple copies of e-mails (without looking
like a dork and hoping to look half-competent).

Thirdly, I never set this thing up in the first place! (Although I did
review it and considered it perfect, if not elegant, which shows how
little I know).

Fourth and finally, my boss, who did set this up in the first place,
refused to purchase the Exim 4 book for us last month as there were
"more important things to spend money on". Nice.

Anyhow - off to implement Nigel's proper Exim 4 ACL-based solution and
buy the bloody book myself like I should have done in the first place...

Nic (still haven't mastered Outlook)