Re: [Exim] System filter: can it go wrong/be ignored?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: Nicolas Doye
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] System filter: can it go wrong/be ignored?
On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 13:44, Nicolas Doye wrote:
> The following filter file is meant to allow 3 specific IP addresses to
> e-mail "mail-list@???". In general it works - it logs to the
> specified log file. However, it doesn't always work.

You appear to basically be doing routing in a filter file based on
header addresses. This is unlikely to work well. I also don't
understand the specific problem - is mail getting past unlogged, is it
getting through where it shouldn't etc..

What I would suggest would be a far easier to understand and more
maintainable solution, where the conditional data is put into an acl.

[snip]
> re there occasions when sender_host_address isn't
> set?

sender_host_address is not set for locally generated bounce messages.

Try a rcpt acl something along these lines:-
  accept  receipients = mail-list1@???:\
        mail-list2@??? # add more as required
      endpass
      hosts = 195.188.239.74:212.219.213.36:212.219.213.39
      !senders = :        # refuse bounce messages
      message = "not allowed"

The endpass ensures that anything for those recipients from a different
ip address, or with a null sender gets bounced.

The recipients list could be made some form of db lookup (as could the
hosts), or even a regexp. You could also add verification to taste.
The acl wants to be pretty high up the list - before generic accepts.

If you have local injection then you may need to do different things.

    Nigel.