[Exim] redirecting mail with Exim and MySQL

Author: Jeremy Cath
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] redirecting mail with Exim and MySQL
First up... sorry. I've tried searching through FAQs and web help and everything I can to get the answer, but I'm essentially an end user with a bit of PHP and MySQL experience... Exim set-up and management has me stumped. Luckily I've got a friendly ISP...

So, my problem...

I have a site hosted with an ISP who use Exim as the mail engine. On the site we'd like to allow people to sign up for email addresses @our-domain.com and have mail forwarded.

The sign-up and validation of destination email would be handled via a PHP script and MySQL database.

My goal is that if someone gets spam via their redirect email, our mail server won't be listed as an offender by SmapCop etc.

Okay, so... probably simple for the gurus out there, but... while the hosting company manage the servers and are happy to make changes (as long as it doesn't cause trouble for their other users) they are happy to follow a simple set of steps to set up our domain to allow it to do look-ups of a MySQL database... but, it needs to be a no-brainer follow the steps process...

Ideally I'd love Exim to also be able to flag accounts that are bouncing as invalid etc, but happy to start with to just allow people to have email set up and/or have bounced mail black-holed.

Thanks in advance. Please reply to this email address as I'm not subscribed to the list !

Get Paid... With Your Free Email at
http://www.zwallet.com/index.html?user=zzarg