[Exim] AUTH=Login -- is it possible without recompiling exim…

Author: jvanasco
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] AUTH=Login -- is it possible without recompiling exim or speaking german?
I'd like to work around micros#$* clients and advertise AUTH=LOGIN in
addition to the AUTH LOGIN

I've read the archives and have found a patch, which suggests
recompiling - and philip's stance on the issue.

I'm not in the mood to recompile Exim, SA Exim and Exiscan in the near
future, so looked on google. I think I saw some stuff about doing it
without recompiling, but it seems that only Germans are interested in
it, and babelfish doesn't help the translation all too well.

Pointers?