[Exim] panicking or rejecting ?

Author: Peter Rindfuss
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] panicking or rejecting ?
My SMTP level address rewriting rule occasionally leads to entries in
the panic log. So far, this happened with addresses containing a
space or addresses with an unmatched double-quote, i.e. misspelled
addresses, so there is nothing really wrong with that.
But my idea of the panic log is that it should contain Exim's (4.20)
reaction on things that I screwed up in the configuration, but not
the results of faulty messages. The latter should be rejected and
recorded in the reject log.
Point is that I start panicking myself when I see that the panic log
is not emtpy. :-)

Peter

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Peter Rindfuß

Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung
Email: rindfuss@???
Tel: ++49-30-25491-566 Fax: ++49-30-25491-558