Re: [Exim] STOP - mail from <> emails

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Schalk Erasmus, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] STOP - mail from <> emails
At 8:20 +0100 2003/07/07, Schalk Erasmus wrote:
>Also, how are Spammers able to relay through my server? Since I only allow
>relaying for certain IP's and domains. Or are they intelligent enough to
>relay mails using the same host name (server name)?

how do we know...?

First, how do you mean that you only allow to relay for certain IPs
and domains? I understand you meant that you allow relay FROM certain
IPs and FOR certain domains (that is you are also listed as secondary
MX for them and accept mail FOR them), BUT I hope you did not mean
that you allow relaying FROM certain domains, that is I hope that you
are not using the sender domain as a criteria for relaying. Because,
in that case, it is not the spammers' intelligence (they never have
one) that allows them to relay...

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/