Re: [Exim] Exim-3 package for RedHat 9.0

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim-3 package for RedHat 9.0
Hi Sergey, on Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:13:54 +0400 you wrote:

> i have nice worked Exim 3 configuration on my gateway, but i need
> install RedHat 9.0 and Exim version 3 don't install on this distr of
> RH because when i making this Exim-3 package from SRPM, him conflict
> with new version OPENSSL how to i can decide this question

OK,

a) If you're upgrading the machine, why not take the opportunity to
upgrade to Exim 4? You will be really glad you did, there are so many new
features you will want to use and it's actually supported (not many people
here can actually remember all that much about Exim 3 now)

b) Whether you're installing Exim 3 or 4, I'm guessing you're suffering
from the Kerberos/OpenSSL linking problem in RH9. Try adding this to
~/.rpmrc:

optflags: i386 -O2 -g -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -I/usr/kerberos/include

(might have to adjust for your architecture)

That should allow it to compile. Well, it works for Exim 4. Whether it
will work for Exim 3 depends on if it really is the same problem...

Tim