Re: [Exim] STARTTLS and signal 11

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kirill Miazine
To: redmyrlin
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] STARTTLS and signal 11
redmyrlin wrote:
> >You said yourself that you have not set up OpenSSL correctly (whatever
> >that means). Why did you compile Exim with TLS support then?
> >
> I'm still self-learning and haven't covered SSL in my "teach myself"
> classes! I installed OpenSSL from the FreeBSD ports and then installed
> Exim.

OpenSSL is a part of the base FreeBSD system. There's not much (if
something) you need to learn about it (especially if you use ports)! It
Just Works [TM]. I have one FreeBSD system, Exim is working perfectly
well there (what a surprise!). I did not use the ports however: I prefer
to compile some software myself. I doubt that there is some anomaly with
the Exim port though, it is much more likely that you have done
Something the Wrong way. :)

A test message just sent from that FreeBSD box was successfully
transfered to smtp.us, the session was encrypted.

> I think the Exim port install detected the OpenSSL and configured
> exim with TLS support. What caught me out, and what I've been trying to
> understand, is why my messages suddenly started to become frozen when
> they were being delivered OK before..
>
> I guess it comes down to a different configuration on
> smtp.us.messagingengine.com now it's on a new server.

Yes and no. STARTTLS was (IIRC) not advertised on the old smtp.us
previously. It is now. But as I already said, smtp.us *does* work fine.
The real problem is somewhere under you control. Go find it! :)

Try to send a message to km-dated-1057955780@???. See if it will be
transferred OK using a TLS encrypted connection.

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org