Re: [Exim] STARTTLS and signal 11

Author: redmyrlin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] STARTTLS and signal 11
Kirill Miazine wrote:

>redmyrlin wrote:
>

>>I recently started getting "frozen" messages when trying to connect to a
>>particular mail server.
>>
>>Previously I had had no trouble, but I believe the mail server for the
>>particular domain has just changed.
>>

>Yes. It has. Recently.
>

>I just performed a test. No traces of your problem at all:
>
>    xxxxxx@??? R=reroute T=remote_smtp H=smtp.us.messagingengine.com \
>        [66.111.4.20] X=TLSv1:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:168

>You said yourself that you have not set up OpenSSL correctly (whatever
>that means). Why did you compile Exim with TLS support then?

I'm still self-learning and haven't covered SSL in my "teach myself"
classes! I installed OpenSSL from the FreeBSD ports and then installed
Exim. I think the Exim port install detected the OpenSSL and configured
exim with TLS support. What caught me out, and what I've been trying to
understand, is why my messages suddenly started to become frozen when
they were being delivered OK before..

I guess it comes down to a different configuration on
smtp.us.messagingengine.com now it's on a new server.

Thanks
Graeme