Re: [Exim] explicit routing with exim -bm

Autor: Bryan Henderson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] explicit routing with exim -bm
>> exim -bm @[206.63.251.121]:bryanh@???
>>How can I explicitly route my message through a relay?

>Exim no longer supports the ancient source-routing features. Source
>routing has been deprecated for a long time now.

Sounds like I'll need to keep around a program that implements the older
standard in addition to Exim, then.

But those standards don't seem to bear directly on this issue. They
talk about communications between MTAs and interpretation of headers
in emails. This question is just about me controlling exim. Options
on the exim command line that simply override the exim configuration
files would do the job.

I have a related question about standards compliance: I notice in the
logs lots of messages being rejected because of syntactically invalid
HELO. Is this because Exim really doesn't know how to receive the
message or just that Exim is enforcing the standard? I ask because I
have to believe that people wouldn't be sending messages like this
unless most systems out there are accepting them.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California