Re: [Exim] Odd Bounce

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Odd Bounce
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Dan Egli wrote:

> Ok. Question here. I seem to get this type of bounce randomly. not often,
> but it happens. Note: my email address is: dan@???. I
> recieve over 100 pieces of mail a day to this address.

"addresee unknown" is not a built-in message in Exim. I tend to use the
word "recipient". Therefore, this bounce (though clearly generated by
Exim), is getting its error message from somewhere external.

Do you have "addressee unknown" as a :fail: message somewhere in your
configuration? In your system or user filter? In some alias file?

<snip>

> What pray tell is happening here? It looks like a failure delivering to
> ME, but the message listed below is FROM me (or, more specifically, from
> AMaViS, my virus scanning system). What's the deal here?

Is the text "addressee unknown" anywhere in AMaViS?