Re: [Exim] Interesting tidbit on selecting domains from MySQ…

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Avleen Vig
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Interesting tidbit on selecting domains from MySQL, + feature request
At 14:38 -0700 2003/07/03, Avleen Vig wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:54:54PM +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

[...]
> > >But it appears this caching isn't happening on replied given by the
>> >database? If anything, this SHOULD be done, to reduce the number of
>> >calls to the database, which could end up being expensive is your
>> >database is slow, or across a network.
>>
>> phew! good that exim does not cache db results, *that* would be a bug.
>
>I would,, respectfully, disagree :-)
>I'm not talking abuot caching across multiple children, but caching
>during the length of one connection, while you're trying to determine
>the route of the message.
>
>This is what I believe happens at present with local_domains specified
>in the config file. I'm only suggesting we do it for database queries
>also. It'll make it more consistant across the different types of
>lookups, and reduce the number of database queries required.

only one problem, how does it know that you did not update the table?
Clearly in your example that would not make much sense, but how does
exim know? Perhaps make it an option? (or maybe that is already an
option?) Did I write a single sentence without a question mark? No.

Giuliano