Re: [Exim] explicit routing with exim -bm

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Bryan Henderson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] explicit routing with exim -bm
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> exim -bm @[206.63.251.121]:bryanh@???
>
> and then supplies the message on Standard Input. This works fine with
> 'sendmail' in place of 'exim'.
>
> But with Exim, Exim just delivers the mail directly (I'm running the
> program on giraffe-data.com). It ignores my explicit routing. Is
> there something I may have misconfigured to produce this result? How
> can I explicitly route my message through a relay?

Sorry, you can't.

Exim no longer supports the ancient source-routing features. Source
routing has been deprecated for a long time now. RFC 1123 (October 1989
- well over 10 years ago) says

        A Sender-SMTP SHOULD NOT send a RCPT TO: command containing an
        explicit source route using the "@...:" address form.  Thus,
        the relay function defined in section  3.6 of RFC-821 should
        not be used.

and RFC 2822 (the current specification, April 2001) says:

4.4. Obsolete Addressing

There are three primary differences in addressing. First, mailbox
addresses were allowed to have a route portion before the addr-spec
when enclosed in "<" and ">". The route is simply a comma-separated
list of domain names, each preceded by "@", and the list terminated
by a colon. Second, CFWS were allowed between the period-separated
elements of local-part and domain (i.e., dot-atom was not used). In
addition, local-part is allowed to contain quoted-string in addition
to just atom. Finally, mailbox-list and address-list were allowed to
have "null" members. That is, there could be two or more commas in
such a list with nothing in between them.

obs-angle-addr  =       [CFWS] "<" [obs-route] addr-spec ">" [CFWS]

obs-route       =       [CFWS] obs-domain-list ":" [CFWS]

obs-domain-list =       "@" domain *(*(CFWS / "," ) [CFWS] "@" domain)

obs-local-part  =       word *("." word)

obs-domain      =       atom *("." atom)

obs-mbox-list   =       1*([mailbox] [CFWS] "," [CFWS]) [mailbox]

obs-addr-list   =       1*([address] [CFWS] "," [CFWS]) [address]

When interpreting addresses, the route portion SHOULD be ignored.

Note the very last sentence. Exim is doing what the RFC says it SHOULD.
Note also that support for domain literals (use of @[x.x.x.x] instead of
a domain name) is turned off in Exim by default.