Re: [Exim] suffix-to-folder delivery

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kirill Miazine
To: Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] suffix-to-folder delivery
Hello, sir.

Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen wrote:
> > One useful feature is the ability to directly deliver messages addressed
> > to user-foo to user's INBOX.foo (that is to $HOME/Maildir/.foo/) if such
> > exists and to INBOX otherwise (without using Exim filters). With Exim
> > that is very easy.
>
> I should point out a problem with Exim's behaviour in this regards:
>
> Users will reglularly delete their IMAP folders, even "system" folders. As far
> as I know, you can't protect folders in Courier, and I haven't been able to
> think of any file permission trick to manage it either.
>
> So you will have to rely on Exim creating the mail-sub-dir on delivery, if it
> doesn't already exist.

Well, to repeat what I said in my original post: deliver messages
addressed to user-foo to user's INBOX.foo *if such exists*. :)

> Now, there is no way (as far as I know) to instruct Exim to treat this
> new maildir as subfolder. Specifically, you can't get exim to create
> the necessary "maildirfolder" file in the subfolder between creation
> and delivery. This means that Exim will only check that particular
> maildir folder when it calculates quota usage.

Ask Martin to upgrade to Exim 4 (or even better - do that yourself). The
appendfile transport has an option called quota_directory (the transport
that I posted to the list has it commented out):

    This option defines the directory to check for quota purposes when
    delivering into individual files. The default is the delivery
    directory, or, if a file called maildirfolder exists in a maildir
    directory, the parent of the delivery directory.

You will benefit a lot from upgrading. :)

> So direct delivery to maildir subfolders will break your quota system,
> if you have one.

I do not have one. The system is reserved for my family and friends and
those can use as much space as they need.

> I think I've mentioned this on the list, didn't get any response.

I would certainly reply, but I subscribe and unsubscribe to the list, so
I must have been unsubscribed when you posted.

See ya,

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org