[Exim] Re: Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: Exchange, HELO and…

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: Exim users list
Assumptes vells: Re: Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: Exchange, HELO and underscores
--
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:29:26AM -0400, Wakko Warner wrote:

| It *DOES* connect and *DOES* write the message (according to exim -v
| -M ...) but it never completes after exim says it's ending the
| message with final dot.

That sounds similar to the problem described here :
    http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/postfix0105/457/1/1.html

I know postfix has a parameter to work around that bug, but I don't
recall if exim has any immediate workaround.

Of course, if people were willing to inspect their systems and fix the
real problem(s) then these things wouldn't escalate so much! (I think
this is one reason open source works so well -- when exim or
<whatever> has a bug, a fix is released and people upgrade.)

-D

--
A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/