Re: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HEL…

Author: James P. Roberts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
> It is not necessary, or even desirable, for the Reverse DNS zones to be
> delegated to the same authorities responsible for the forward DNS. The
> whole point is to have a separate authority responsible for the reverse
> DNS.
>
> --
> Greg A. Woods

OK, now you've lost me, Greg. I suspect there is something in what you said
here that might explain the root of the disagreement. I just don't know what
it is, yet.

How can I possibly assure a consistent Forward and Reverse DNS if I am not
responsible for both sides of it? The short answer is, I cannot.

On the one hand, you want me to conform to your view. And then, you tell me
this is best accomplished by delegating the problem to multiple authorities.
???

Wow. I had suspected you were not well-versed in human psychology. Now, I am
CERTAIN of it. ;)

Kind Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.