Re: [Exim] Bounce mail for a particular user

Author: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bounce mail for a particular user
* Kerry Seibold <kerry@???> [20030701 12:12]: wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I've taken over looking after a mailserver. Exim 3.30
> Previously all mail to unknown users was rejected, but important mail was
> rejected,
> So, I asked the list and was told how to accept mail for unknown users.
> Works great, Thanks to all who replied.
> But, a former user, can't say worker because you would not believe how many
> mailing lists he/she was subscribed to !!!
> ... anyway now I am getting all these subscriber emails that say click here
> to unsubscribe..
>
> So, how can I just bounce emails to that user??

echo "user:    :fail:" >> /etc/mail/aliases

Or better still,

echo "user:    :blackhole:" >> /etc/mail/aliases

Make sure you know your aliases file correctly....

With the :fail: option, one day the list admins will wake up
and remove the user from their lists if they don't want to deal
with the bounces.
With the :blackhole: option, the e-mails to the user are silently
sent to the bit bucket.

Then consider upgrading to Exim-4 since 3.x is obsolete ;)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'