[Exim] Re: Now well off-topic

Top Pagina
Auteur: Alun
Aan: Exim Users Mailing List
Oude Onderwerpen: RE: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: Now well off-topic
--

Can we hit reality here at some point? I run Aberystwyth's mail servers. Out
of interest, I turned on logging of "helo" data yesterday morning. In the

Forgetting any other considerations of correctness/reverse dns/whatever, if
I blocked 1 in every 18 messages coming in from outside on the basis of
invalid HELO alone, I'd be chased by a hoard of people with flaming torches.
HELO data might be a diagnostic pointer to possible spam, but that's about
all I think anyone running a medium to big site would dare to use it for in
the real world.

Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494