Re: [Exim] TLS problems on non-standard port

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: Juri Tsibrovski
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] TLS problems on non-standard port
On Jun 30 Juri Tsibrovski wrote:

>Unfortunately, I can't get SSL to work on port 8025 reliably for everybody -
>some clients can't send their mail, and I get the following in server logs:
>
>    2003-06-27 17:15:41 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (next
>input sent too soon): rejected "<80>L^A^C^A" H=ip68-x-y-z.nv.nv.cox.net
>[68.x.y.z]

Looks like -tls-on-connect might help here. (It looks like "ssmtp" SSL
rather than "STARTTLS" TLS.)

Try listening on port 587 without -tls-on-connect and 465 with
-tls-on-connect, then ask your users to try both ports.

>Has anybody out here used SSL with Exim on non-standard ports with better
>success?

Happily, the number I mentioned are standards :)