Re: [Exim] mirror MX

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: James P. Roberts
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] mirror MX
Just to precise what I am aiming at, since the ideas so far seem to
be centered on the backup side of it. I know I can do backups of the
primary mailboxes and other, heck, I can actually, and I do, backup
the mail client folder on my laptop, but this is not the issue. The
issue is availability. I want to be able to login onto the secondary
and get my email (when the primary is unreachable), so this is why
both secondary and primary must consider the domains local and send a
copy (with a veeery long retry cutoff) to the other. So far this
would be dead easy if it wasn't for the synchronisation issues. But
even this would not be too bad, once in a while both mailserver could
be cut off from the rest of the world (using the firewall or some
other mean, like communicatinig only via tunnels), perform a queue
synchronisation first (secondary to primary) and then copying the
primary mailboxes onto secondary using rsync. Actually, mailboxes
should be merged... (for instance if we have an outgoing mailbox,
like sent-mail in pine, but this is going to make things difficult).

Backup is nice, but too messy and not quite what I want.

Does this all make less sense now? I know it does...

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/