RE: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HEL…

Autor: Simon Bell
A: 'Exim Users Mailing List'
Assumpte: RE: Now well off-topic - was Re: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
I run a small mail server for myself and a few friends off my dsl, which
does have a static IP address. I have no huge knowledge of dns or rfc's
and at present my helo is identifying itself as mail.mydomain.com. if
someone were to resolve that, it would give my ip address, and if they
were to do it again, they would get my dsl address, so should i be
sending helo/ehlo as mail.mydomain.com or as my.dsl.address.com ?

thanks
Simon