Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Walt Reed
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
At 6:56 -0400 2003/06/30, Walt Reed wrote:

>My Original question was (which nobody answered except with unhelpful
>comments about getting a new ISP,) my providers email server sucks and
>doesn't accept bounce messages. How do I configure exim to send bounces
>ONLY directly instead of through my ISP's smarthost? How do I tell in a
>router, director or whatever what emails are exim-generated (or possibly
>externally generated although I don't think that will happen) bounce
>messages?

I think that since you are using a smarthost then you have a
manualroute. Now, if you take the standard dnslookup router:

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 : 169.254.0.0/16 : 192.168.0.0/16
no_more

this will never be used for incoming emails *unless* you relay for someone.
So, if you check for null sender here, and have this *before* the
manual route, then you'll have achieved your aim. Or, you check that
the sender is not null in the manual route and have this dnslookup
after it.
I have no idea if you can check the sender in either...

Now, I have just started a couple of days ago to consider routers
more in detail, so my considerations might be completely wrong...

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/