RE: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-home…

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Kevin Reed
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
[ On Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 22:40:02 (-0700), Kevin Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts
>
> A more helpful answer would have been to say where you got your
> "Non-Standard" version of 'host' from rather than to indicate that his is
> "very out-of-date".

My version of 'host' is _the_ standard one.

> The confusion is quite easy since most common current versions of BIND
> distribute a different version of host and they are quite up-to-date.

I agree it is very confusing. The versions in the various BIND releases
are anywhere up to over a decade old. I really wish ISC would stop
distributing old and broken code but despite both Eric and I having
asked them several times over these many years now they still do.

> So to say that the reason why he can't find the option you are using because
> his version of BIND is "very out-of-date" is not true.

I didn't say his BIND was out of date -- I said his 'host' program was
out of date, because it is very out of date (especially the ones that
don't even have a '-A' option!)

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>