RE: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-home…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kevin Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Exim Users Mailing List'
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] how to configure HELO/EHLO and DNS for multi-homed hosts

hosts

> > Greg> $ host -v -A mx1.supernews.net
> > I do not know what utility you have on your system under the name
> > "host". On my systems I have the host(1) program from one or other
> > version of BIND, which does not match your usage.
>
> Then obviously you have a very out-of-date version of 'host'.
> Please upgrade.

I find it hard to believe that you would make such a statement.

A more helpful answer would have been to say where you got your
"Non-Standard" version of 'host' from rather than to indicate that his is
"very out-of-date".

The confusion is quite easy since most common current versions of BIND
distribute a different version of host and they are quite up-to-date.

I figured you would toot your own horn and tell him where he could find this
version of 'host' since you are the one that now maintains this non-standard
version to begin with.

http://www.weird.com/~woods/projects/host.html

http://freshmeat.net/projects/host/?topic_id=149%2C150%2C253

So to say that the reason why he can't find the option you are using because
his version of BIND is "very out-of-date" is not true.

If find some of its options to be intriguing... But it took a while to find
it.