Re: [Exim] o receive mails from different e.mail ids.

Author: Chidambaram Ramachandran
To: Greg Folkert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] o receive mails from different e.mail ids.
On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 11:04:31PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 22:17, Chidambaram Ramachandran wrote:
> > I have two e.mail ids, (1) from the ISP and (2) yahoo.The (1) is
> > received in the normal course to my MUA.I have given two different
> > usernames to the ids in /etc/emailaddreses.
> > How to configure that I receive (2) also in the mailbox.(Now I read as webmail)
> > Ramachandran
>
> I'd use fetchyahoo (similar to fetchmail) except it's customized to get
> mail through the web-interface of yahoo.
>
> Here is the Freshmeat release info:
> http://freshmeat.net/releases/81455/

I located the tar ball.Shall download and install.
> It's homepage seems to be down and out right now:
> http://fetchyahoo.twizzler.org
>
> But if you use Debian: apt-get install fetchyahoo

I use Debian-3.0 woody.The particular app is not available in my CDs.

> If you use alien you can convert it from a Debian package to an RPM or
> TGZ for other Distros. The package you'd want to get is available:
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fetchyahoo/fetchyahoo_2.5.3-1_all.deb
>
> Then just run the proper command line to convert it. One thing you will
> need to satisfy the requirements of fetchyahoo as listed:
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/mail/fetchyahoo.html
>
> Good Luck.
>
> /me bows out.

Excuse me if I am wrong (I am a novice). Exim has entries in Local_domains and there is a
provision in Mutt (my MUA) for other pop_hosts.Suppose i make an
additional entry, will it work?