Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20, Debian, exiscan-acl and sa-exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam D. Barratt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Andreas Metzler
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.20, Debian, exiscan-acl and sa-exim
On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 17:11, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Thanks. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but... :-)
>
> Is there any easy way to persuade the package to build on a woody
> system? (work like keeping production servers as close to stable as
> possible). Obviously dpatch needs to be dragged in from sarge, which is
> no problem, but the Build-Depends on libgnutls5-dev tries to drag in
> half of testing when I do an `apt-get build-dep exim4', including the
> updated libc, which I was trying to avoid.

I *was* missing something obvious. :-)

(Rather than doing a build-dep, simply install libdb3-dev and
libpcre3-dev by hand and, voila, it compiles. The exiscan-acl patch
produces more than a few warnings about pointer incompatibilities -
"dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules"
being the favourite - but it appears to compile happily).

Now I just need to try it on "deathstar" (not my naming policy *g*).

Cheers,

Adam