Re: [Exim] sender verify vs. broken mailer configs, again.

Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Wakko Warner
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] sender verify vs. broken mailer configs, again.
[ On Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 08:35:42 (-0400), Wakko Warner wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] sender verify vs. broken mailer configs, again.
>
> Not everyone has the luxury of having the rDNS to be what they won't.

Reverse DNS isn't a "luxury". If you use it then you MUST use it
correctly or else it makes the rest of your DNS look like a lie and
indeed it is impossible in your case to tell (especially for a machine
algorithm) that you're not just some spammer claiming to have some
address in your control.

Your DNS is currently misconfigured.

> I'm
> not going to pay them to change this. I can't afford it.

Why would you have to pay to fix this? If your ISP is providing DNS as
part of your service then fixing it must be part of their service as well.

If what you're really saying is that you can't afford to use a static IP
address then what you're really saying is you should not be trying to
run a public yourself. Please use your ISPs authorised SMTP gateway.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>