Re: [Exim] specific router question

Autor: Thomas Tonino
A: vlad f kropachew
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] specific router question
vlad f kropachew wrote:

> hmm, i thinked that smtp_accept_max_per_host directive available in
> global section only... Please show example how i can do this, do not
> disturb about working - just for concept understood.

The docs say the variable is expanded. Thus you could try something like:

smtp_accept_max_per_host = ${if eq{$sender_host_address}{10.1.2.3} {1} {9} }

Note: this is not tested.

The above uses the fact that a variable expansion is used with the
smtp_accept_max_per_host parameter.

So in this case I compare the server's IP to a known spammer IP (your could use
a database lookup here) and return 1 if it matches, and 9 if it doesn't. Which
would be the number of allowed connections of either class of users. Not that
I've seem more than 3 or 4 legitimate simultaeous connections on my boxes...

Also note: the docs say: Warning: When setting this option you should not use
any expansion constructions that take an appreciable amount of time.

Thus, I wouldn't use a DNS blacklist for example. But as long as the lookup time
is really short when compared to teh interval beteeen incoming connections there
should be no problem.

Thomas