Re: [Exim] sender verify vs. broken mailer configs, again.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Wakko Warner
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] sender verify vs. broken mailer configs, again.
> > 216.98.75.249 PTR is dial249.pm3abing3.abingdonpm.naxs.com
> > dial249.pm3abing3.abingdonpm.naxs.com A is 216.98.75.249
>
> That's only part of the picture since of course your mailer doen't use
> that hostname.
>
> > I have a hostname of animx.eu.org> problem?. A is also 216.98.75.249. What's the
> > problem?
>
> I thought it was obvious by now:
>
> $ host -A animx.eu.org
> *** animx.eu.org address 216.98.75.249 maps to hostname dial249.pm3abing3.abingdonpm.naxs.com
> *** Hostname animx.eu.org does not belong to address 216.98.75.249
> *** Not all addresses for hostname animx.eu.org have a matching hostname.

Not everyone has the luxury of having the rDNS to be what they won't. I'm
not going to pay them to change this. I can't afford it.

> > I did not do this. When you sent a message to my server, it attempted to do
> > a callout. It first said "EHLO animx.eu.org" which your server blocked and
> > requires HELO before MAIL FROM. This is NOT my misconfiguration.
>
> It is indeed your configuration error, since it is your reverse DNS
> which is broken.

It's not my configuration error. There's nothing stating that I must be
configured the way you're expecting. This is not something that I can fix
and noone else says it broken. IMO, your server is broken and it's only
you who is stating my system is broken. There are numberous systems out
there that are configured the same way.

I'm not going to say anymore on this subject, it's like talking to a brick
wall.