[Exim] Problems with lsearch lookup

Author: Marco Herrn
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problems with lsearch lookup
Hi,

I am trying to get SMTP-Auth working in exim. I have some files where I
store the user data. I use LOGIN as as authentication mechanism. Now I
have this lookup in my exim.conf (for testing):

   server_condition = ${if crypteq{$2}\
                                  {${lookup {felber}\
                                     lsearch {/home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users}\
                                     {$value}\
                                  }\
                        {1}{0}\
                       }

But this doesnt work. I tested it without the query and just using the
crypteq command and that worked. So it is a problem with the query.
When debugging with -d9 -bh I get the following:

[skip]
smtp_setup_msg entered
AUTH LOGIN
SMTP<< AUTH LOGIN
SMTP>> 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6

334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
ZmVsYmVyQHRmZWxiZXIuaW5mbw==
SMTP>> 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6

334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
YWJjZA==
search_open: lsearch "/home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users"
search_find: file="/home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users"
key="felber" partial=-1
LRU list:
7/home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users
End
internal_search_find: file="/home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users"
type=lsearch key="felber"
file lookup required for felber
in /home/felber/testdomain.com/mail_users
lookup yielded: UHuyvVfjvgTUU
login authenticator:
$1 = felber@???
$2 = abcd
expanded string:
SMTP>> 535 Incorrect authentication data

535 Incorrect authentication data
LOG: 0 MAIN REJECT
Authentication failed for fhf-home24.fhf-home.fh-furtwangen.de
[141.28.208.24]: 535 Incorrect authentication data

Where is the problem? The line "lookup yielded: UHuyvVfjvgTUU" seems
correct, because that is the encrypted password. What seems strange to
me is "expanded string:". Why is nothing there? Should this be true or
false? I am not sure what exactly the problem is, but it is not the
password, because when exchanging the lookup with the encrypted password
it works. And it really seems that the password is correctly looked up.

Bye
Marco

--
Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted
before.

--
Marco Herrn             herrn@???
(GnuPG/PGP-signed and crypted mail preferred)