Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Top Pagina
Auteur: James P. Roberts
Aan: Walt Reed, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
> Frankly, using lists like easynet.nl as a 100% go/no-go is
> irresponsible as it leads to the blocking of legit mail. If it were used
> as a tag, or as a score factor for something like spamassasin, fine.
> Blocking purely on type of internet service is a kind of class
> warefare, penalizing those who can't afford high-end service.

I agree about the class-warfare comment. In my own case, for example, I have
no control over my reverse DNS entry, simply because I have a clueless, PITA
ISP. Unfortunately, they have a local monopoly on DSL service. My choices
are the cable company (which is even MORE clueless, AND more expensive); or,
go with a real T1 service, for about 3 times the price, which I simple cannot
afford (yet).

At least I do have a static IP block, and valid PTR records exist, even if I
have no control over the actual PTR record contents.

BTW, Mr. Woods is the only person I can't send to at the moment, that I know
of. ;) (Sorry, Greg, just had to get that in there!) But I respect his
right to reject on whatever criteria makes him comfortable. I have no blanket
right to shove email onto his server. And I retain that right for myself as
well. Without it, we are helpless against the spammers.

But one must not willy-nilly apply over-kill criteria for email blocking on
behalf of one's customers, without their explicit understanding and full
permission. On one's own behalf, apply all the over-kill you like!

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.