Re: [Exim] Can someone pleaze help me ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Richardson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Can someone pleaze help me ?
On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 07:48:40AM -0700, nasir nasir wrote:
> hi all,
>       We are setting up an exim mail server. I would
> like to have any information about following 2
> issues,( We are using OpenLDAP server for all the
> user)authentication,quota settings etc.
>   1. Is there any client side utility (or any
> solution) where the users can change their EXPIRED
> PASSWORDS . i.e if the user is loging in after his
> password is expired , then is it possible for him to
> change new password ? Squirrelmail has a password
> changing plugin but its cant be used for changing the
> expired passwords.

Exim doesn't really have a concept of user passwords, its
an MTA. Its up to whatever user application to handle that.

> 2. Can exim use Novell Directory Server as the back
> end . Has anyone configured it successfully.

Yes, been there, done that so to speak. Exim can be configured
to talk LDAP and the default compile options are fine for Novell's
LDAP. See the configuration sample C044 for my configuration using
LDAP in exim.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2003       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing