[Exim] Re: Real time???

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
Para: Exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Real time???
--
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 05:10:18PM -0400, Xpression wrote:
|         Hi all, I posted a similar message in a FreeBSD list few days ago,
| but I can't solve my pro...the problem is that my mail server and router
| have the same time and when I send any mail the "send-time" have 4 hours
| difference compared with the real time, now I have 5:09 pm...any idea??? I'm
| under FreeBSD 4.7

My guess is that your system (aka "BIOS") clock is storing UTC
(formerly called GMT) time. I also guess that you live 4 hours either
east or west of UTC. However, you have not told your system that you
are 4 hours difference from UTC so all the times are "+0000". (look
at the headers of the mail you send, the timestamp says "+0000".
compare to my headers which say "-0400" because I live in the eastern
US)

If I am correct, then the solution is to configure the timezone
setting on your system. I don't use FreeBSD so I can't be very
specific there, but on my linux system the command to set the timezone
is 'tzconfig'.

HTH,
-D

--
"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/