Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Wakko Warner
Para: Walt Reed
CC: Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
> You are exactly right. I use a dynamic DNS service. Everything works
> great except mailing to a very select few that use easynet RBL as the
> deciding factor as to whether the email is spam or not.

I'm not on a dynamic DNS. My server, be it over dialup, is static and my
domain (animx.eu.org) is a non-changing domain. I am eventually going to
move to DSL, but until I do, I'll still be using the dialup. (I do already
have the DSL, but not at this location)

> FYI, a growing number of ISP's are assigning static addresses in the
> same blocks as dynamic addresses as far as lists such as easynet are
> concerned. Yeah, you have a static address but it is still handed out
> via PPPOE or DHCP. Many providors will not give static at all unless you
> are on a high-end business account. At 4X the cost, it's not a viable
> option.

My ISP is doing that as well. They also assign DSL in the same range.

> Unless you live in a fairly major metropolitan area, your options are
> quite limited.

I'm not in a large city, but it's not the smallest in the world.