Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Página Inicial
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
eximlistsn Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 05:12:34PM +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi said:
> At 10:18 -0400 2003/06/27, Walt Reed wrote:
> >Dialups are one thing, but lists like easynet.nl also block dynamic DSL
> >(which more and more ISP's are going to - even for business accounts.)
> >
> >When your ISP (like Verizon) is running broken mail servers that don't
> >follow RFC's making it impossible to use, then what the hell do you do?
> >The short-sighted answer that some would give is to use another provider
> >or pay more money to some hosting company. This is not always an option.
>
> unless you use a dynamic DNS service I wonder how you are going to
> have an RFC compliant smtp server... come on, to change provider/get
> static might not be possible (where? in anctartica?) but is
> certainly not the shortsighted answer, it IS the answer! I agree
> about not using *any* rbl as a 1/0 criterium, but some accounts I
> have here will reject on the score assigned to easynet.nl alone.

You are exactly right. I use a dynamic DNS service. Everything works
great except mailing to a very select few that use easynet RBL as the
deciding factor as to whether the email is spam or not.

FYI, a growing number of ISP's are assigning static addresses in the
same blocks as dynamic addresses as far as lists such as easynet are
concerned. Yeah, you have a static address but it is still handed out
via PPPOE or DHCP. Many providors will not give static at all unless you
are on a high-end business account. At 4X the cost, it's not a viable
option.

Unless you live in a fairly major metropolitan area, your options are
quite limited.