Re: Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and…

Página Inicial
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Exim users list
Assunto: Re: Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> I seem to recall seeing this once upon a time. IIRC the remote site was
> being too agressive blocking all of the types of ICMP rather than just echo
> reply.

That sure sounds highly adjacent.

> I also seem to recall that I was able to work around it by either increasing
> or decreasing the DELIVER_OUT_BUFFER_SIZE parameter in Local/Makefile and
> rebuilding. Alas this was a job ago so I don't have the build files or
> details about what I did any longer.

Aha, but thanks to you mentioning the parameter, the mailing list
finds:

http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20020610/039825.html

from you, which I presume related to your issue. However, the version
3 FAQ that you cited seems to have toddled off into oblivion...

Well, if all else fails, this does seem like a possible approach,
thanks. I guess we keep it up our sleeves if we can't manage to tame
the TCP/IP stack to treat this remote host/network specially - while
preferably not changing anything for the 99.9...% of well behaved
hosts out there.