Re: [Exim] Exim <- Sendmail

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Daniel Bye
Para: Exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim <- Sendmail
--
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:42:59AM -0400, Xpression wrote:
>         Hi all, I'm planning to switch between Sendmail to Exim, I heard
> that Exim is very stable and easy to configure and maintain, any started
> point of it??? I review www.exim.org and found great stuff...but I'm doubt
> about rc.conf (I'm using FreeBSD)...

Which version of FreeBSD? Check in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for the correct
settings to disable sendmail. On my 4.8-STABLE system, I set

sendmail_enable="NONE"

Earlier versions require you to set 'sendmail_enable="NO"' instead.

Install Exim from the ports, edit the file /usr/local/etc/exim/configure to
suit your local requirements, and start it using the rc script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/exim.sh.

Edit /etc/mail/mailer.conf to point to exim rather than sendmail:

sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/exim
send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/exim
mailq           /usr/local/sbin/exim
newaliases      /usr/bin/true
hoststat        /usr/bin/true
purgestat       /usr/bin/true

That's all you need to do - the rc script will be run when the machine boots
up, and will start Exim for you. There are no specific flags to set in
/etc/rc.conf.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \