Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Wakko Warner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Cory Daehn
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
> DNS should have rejected it. As for a link, nope. all my docs are paper.
> Try searching the technet site.

DNS did reject it. But then again, I knew it would so I didn't put the _ in
the DNS name. To this date, the server still has a _ in it's name.

> > At the moment, the server I admin at work does. I've been
> > forced by people
> > who'd rather not be compliant to receive more legit email than to have
> > people fix problems to allow stupid stuff like this.
> > However, this is not
> > one that I gave a hint on being able to work around.
>
> If enough of their mail bounces, they'll fix it. Of course, I'm also one

Or complain to the recipients and make them accept mail. I've seen it both
ways.

> of those that says it's not the server's responsibility to scan mail for
> viruses, it's the client's responsibility, and anyone who doesn't use
> common sense and run a GOOD virus protection program and keep it up to
> date deserves what they get.

I do virus scanning on the mailserver, but the 'customers' are employees.
They do have virus protection on their PC. I do this for a reason. Lets
not have a discussion about this. Where I work wanted email virus scanning
so they have it.