RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Cory Daehn
Para: 'Wakko Warner'
CC: exim-users
Temas novos: Virus scanning (was Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores), Cisco pix MTU problem, was RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

> > According to my MCSE docs, you're never supposed to put an
> underscore or a
> > space into an NT server's name anyway, so this person is
> obviously brain
> > dead and needs to be hit with the clue stick.
>
> Happen to have a link for this? The network admin where I
> work has put a _ in the name of 2 NT servers. I already complained
> about it when he asked me to put it in DNS.

DNS should have rejected it. As for a link, nope. all my docs are paper.
Try searching the technet site.

> At the moment, the server I admin at work does. I've been
> forced by people
> who'd rather not be compliant to receive more legit email than to have
> people fix problems to allow stupid stuff like this.
> However, this is not
> one that I gave a hint on being able to work around.

If enough of their mail bounces, they'll fix it. Of course, I'm also one
of those that says it's not the server's responsibility to scan mail for
viruses, it's the client's responsibility, and anyone who doesn't use
common sense and run a GOOD virus protection program and keep it up to
date deserves what they get.
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]