Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Andrew - Supernews
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Andrew - Supernews wrote:

> Ron> address ie blah@???. So we have no choice but to get
> Ron> that person to connect to our mail server where we have
> Ron> configured it to allow them (and only them) to send email
> Ron> through. The we have to set up our config to ignore the fact
> Ron> that they are on a rbl.
>
> This is what authenticated SMTP is for. (preferably done on port 587
> rather than port 25, to avoid blocks or interception proxies)

Yup - exim4 does this really well.

sticking accept_authenticated = * before the RBL checks should do what
you need.

> (Though I have little time for those who harp on about blocking mail
> from dial pools; it's certainly not an option for us (would piss off
> too many of our users), not to mention that relatively few ISPs are
> actually capable of providing reliable mail smarthosts.)

Depends - most places I know, the DUL (and variants such as the
easynet.nl dynablock) are the ones that produce the least collateral
damage for the most results - 99.9% of the hits are viruses / direct to
MX spam attempts.

    srs