Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andrew - Supernews
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] FWD: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Ron> Yes but if the ISP insists it will only relay mail for addresses
Ron> using its own domain name ie blah@??? then it is not
Ron> much use if a member of staff wishes to send an important email
Ron> from home and it needs to come from a University formal email
Ron> address ie blah@???. So we have no choice but to get
Ron> that person to connect to our mail server where we have
Ron> configured it to allow them (and only them) to send email
Ron> through. The we have to set up our config to ignore the fact
Ron> that they are on a rbl.

This is what authenticated SMTP is for. (preferably done on port 587
rather than port 25, to avoid blocks or interception proxies)

(Though I have little time for those who harp on about blocking mail
from dial pools; it's certainly not an option for us (would piss off
too many of our users), not to mention that relatively few ISPs are
actually capable of providing reliable mail smarthosts.)

--
Andrew, Supernews