Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Remember no e-mail is actually lost when you block broken SMTP syntax,
> so long as you do it before your server replies successfully to the
> end-of-DATA command of course -- the sending side just gets it back in
> the face, regardless of whether they can figure out what to do with it
> at that point or not.

I rather fancy a diagnostic message that suggests if they can't
conform with Internet protocols maybe they should make use of our fax
number instead...

But as the previous contributor told us, their benighted software
hides the true diagnostic message, and lies to the sender that their
intended recipient doesn't exist. It's hard to reason with someone
who can't hear what you're telling them, especially when they're
getting fed a quite different story made from whole cloth.

Sigh