RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Moon
A: 'Richard.Hall', exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
For what it's worth, I've been in touch with 4 or 5 of my mail admin
counterparts at other companies regarding the Exchange mis-configuration.

I approached them in a congenial manner and with two key points I was able
to persuade them to change their Exchange configuration:

A. The configuration change takes 1 minute.*
B. The change does not require a reboot.*
C. The change should *not* affect internal network NT name services*
D. The change is in their best interest because it makes their configuration
standards-compliant and more compatible with security conscious MTA peers.

So it's been a little more effort to communicate with the other companies,
but it's paid off so far.

* (FYI, the fix is to change the TCP/IP hostname properties in Windows NT
server 4.0)

- David

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful. Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH+Co) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via email.

WRH+Co reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this email address. Messages sent to or from this email
address may be stored on the WRH+Co email system.