[Exim] exim authentication

Author: Brent Addis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim authentication
Hey

Im running a smallish mailserver and am hoping to put on some sort of
authentication into exim as we have personnel that got overseas a fair
amount.

The mailserver people are presently using to send mail, is also the mx
for our domain. Now if I turn auth on, people will have to enter a login
& password to email anyone, which is cool. However as it is also the
primary mx I want people emailing anyone@??? to pass through
without being asked for a password.

so in short:

emailing anyone@??? no password
emailing anyone@??? gets asked for a password.

is this possible?

Im using Exim version 3.35, I am in the process of testing exim 4
however do not feel ready to move to it just yet.

Thanks

--
Brent Addis