Re: [Exim] RSET resets $rcpt_fail_count?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Michael Haardt, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RSET resets $rcpt_fail_count?
At 16:28 +0200 2003/06/25, Michael Haardt wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I just realized that RSET resets $rcpt_fail_count, thus making any
>delays after a certain number of failed recipients useless. Is there any
>objection against changing that or at least introducing a new variable
>with the total number of failed recipients per session?
>
>Michael

do it with an acl variable, you set the variable in a warn condition:

warn    domains    = +local_domains
        !verify    = recipient
        set acl_c0 = ${eval: $acl_c0+1}
        delay = ${eval: ($acl_c0 - 1) * 60}s

Do you delay after a *certain* number of failures? Is this number
larger than 1? I hope not..

I think that the best strategy is to check first for unknown users if
the sender is <> without delay, and delay otherwise.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/